LAVA UPDATE: Nov 03 2015 Lava from the Pu’u’ o’o Crater and June 27th flow continue to spread scattered break outs along the tube. Our guides just completed an 14 mile round trip hike to the flows! YEAH !! The Lava was great for us to POKE along with getting our UH sample. CALL NOW FOR DETAILS
HIKE TO THE ACTIVE LAVA WITH THE PROFESSIONALS WHO KNOW WHERE TO GO.
LAVA UPDATE: Nov 02 2015 At the present time the Lava is approximately 14 miles from start to finish. This hike is only for the advanced no injury hikers, who can endure an uphill ascent for seven miles with all weather conditions. All hikers must be well fit and capable to easily complete the 14 miles. The total hours will be about 8.5 Plenty of water and your own lunch will be required. Bring rain gear, sun block and only hiking boots. No tennis shoes!!
Just like our tee shirts say, this hike is not for wimps!!! Feel the heat under your feet.
Call to book your tour 808-987-3456 Mahalo Scott and Cheryl
THIS IS AN ADVENTURE YOU WON’T SOON FORGET!!
At Poke-A-Stick Guided Lava Tours , our goal is to walk right up to the red-hot lava and actually poke a stick into it! Our guides are experienced and knowledgeable, and we are a licensed and insured company.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Cargo Pants work best (light weight) (the kind that zip the bottom half off) or jean pants.
- Knee high socks.
- A change of clothes, (shorst and flip flops)
- Light rain jacket or (poncho are provided)
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Cheap Light weight shoes ( that you can throw away when done)
- Hiking Boots are OK, but not needed
- A good attitude for mud!
- Don’t forget your camera with fresh batteries
- View these awesome videos (by Lindsay Crawford) from one of our hikes: Poke-A-Stick Read about us in this article from Grassroots News: Living By Lava Ask about military and larger group discounts. Due to continually changing conditions, pricing and departure times may vary. Please call us for details. CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS!! Crazy Hot Lava Flows, Lunch on the Lava. DAILY TOURS: Directions to Poke-a Stick Lava Tours Click here to view or print directions to Poke-A-Stick (as a PDF file).. Read our liability waiver form. ( Directions have changed, now meeting in Hilo)