LAVA UPDATE: April 01 2017 Lava is flowing on the surface! Book With The Infamous Guide Cheryl CALL NOW FOR DETAILS AND BOOKINGS
HIKE TO THE ACTIVE LAVA WITH THE PROFESSIONALS WHO KNOW WHERE TO GO.
RANKED #1 ON TRIP ADVISOR Become one of our repeat customers
LAVA UPDATE: April 01 2017 At the present time the Lava is approximately 6 miles from start to finish. This hike is only for the advanced with no injuries. All hikers must be well fit and capable to easily complete the 6 miles. The total hours will be about 6 Plenty of water and your own lunch will be required. Bring rain gear, sun block and only hiking boots, tennis shoes!!
Just like our tee shirts say, this hike is not for wimps!!! Feel the heat under your feet.
Call to book your tour 808-987-3456 Mahalo Scott and Cheryl
THE ADVENTURE YOU WON’T SOON FORGET!!
At Poke-A-Stick Guided Lava Tours , our goal is to walk right up to the red-hot lava and actually poke a stick into it! Our guides are experienced and knowledgeable, and we are a licensed and insured company.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Cargo Pants work best (light weight) (the kind that zip the bottom half off) or jean pants/ shorts.
- Knee high socks.
- Light rain jacket or (poncho are provided)
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Hiking Boots are OK, but not needed
- A good attitude for the distance
- Don’t forget your camera with fresh batteries
- Plenty of water 2/3 liters
- View these awesome videos (by Lindsay Crawford) from one of our hikes: Poke-A-Stick Read about us in this article from Grassroots News: Living By Lava Ask about military and larger group discounts. Due to continually changing conditions, pricing and departure times may vary. Please call us for details. CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS!! Crazy Hot Lava Flows, Lunch on the Lava. DAILY TOURS: Directions to Poke-a Stick Lava Tours Click here to view or print directions to Poke-A-Stick (as a PDF file).. Read our liability waiver form. ( Directions have changed, now meeting in Hilo)