DUE TO DNLR and Civil Defense Restrictions for the State of Hawaii there are no Lava Tours allowed at the present time!! PLEASE KEEP CHECKING IN, IT CAN CHANGE AT ANYTIME.
HIKE TO THE ACTIVE LAVA WITH THE PROFESSIONALS WHO KNOW WHERE TO GO.
LAVA UPDATE October 21 2014 No lava to see at present time SORRY!!
Just like our tee shirts say, this hike is not for wimps!!! Feel the heat under your feet.
Call to book your tour 808-987-3456 Mahalo Scott and Cheryl
THIS IS AN ADVENTURE YOU WON’T SOON FORGET!!
At Poke-A-Stick Guided Lava Tours , our goal is to walk right up to the red-hot lava and actually poke a stick into it! Our guides are experienced and knowledgeable, and we are a licensed and insured company.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Cargo Pants work best (light weight) (the kind that zip the bottom half off) or jean pants.
- Knee high socks.
- A change of clothes, (shorst and flip flops)
- Light rain jacket or (poncho are provided)
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Cheap Light weight shoes ( that you can throw away when done)
- Hiking Boots are OK, but not needed
- A good attitude for mud!
- Don’t forget your camera with fresh batteries
- View these awesome videos (by Lindsay Crawford) from one of our hikes: Poke-A-Stick Read about us in this article from Grassroots News: Living By Lava Ask about military and larger group discounts. Due to continually changing conditions, pricing and departure times may vary. Please call us for details. CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS!! Crazy Hot Lava Flows, Lunch on the Lava. DAILY TOURS: Directions to Poke-a Stick Lava Tours Click here to view or print directions to Poke-A-Stick (as a PDF file).. Read our liability waiver form. ( Directions have changed, now meeting in Hilo)